Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My house looks like a PUMPKIN!!!!

Hello all,

as we finish up our final week as PCTs and prepare to sware-in as volunteers I find myself missing the comforts and things from home and sometimes think, "it would be easier if I were home" then I realize that I only "want" to go home for a min. and would instantly regret my decision to go home once the excitment of seeing everyone dissappeared. All is well and I still am very happy here in South Africa!

Last week the week of Aug 25 we went for our site visits here are some details.

I have two schools, one is huge and really close to my house and the other is small and just down the road about 3 km. My village is huge as well and I am about 40km outside of Tzaneen near Modjadji (both of which are on most maps). When we sware in as volunteers and go to our sites I will go open a P.O Box and will have that address as soon as possible. The next post I hope to have the address as well as a "Wish List" of different things to send me :)

My house is an orange roundavoul (SP?) with a green roof....hence the title of the post. It actually looks like a pumpkin. However, it is really pretty big on the inside and I have lots of room. And as another volunteer put it no dark corners for creatures to hide in :) I am very excited to begin this part of the PC journey and cannot wait to make it my home.

All is well here in South Africa :)

Miss and Love you all>

Mom, have not yet recieved the packages? Don't know what is going on with that, but I have not received anything from you. hopefully i will get them soon. Will try and call again in future. if you want me to call you guys and want to put money in my account to do that instead of you calling me that is fine. Or if you just want to put money in my account anyways that would be great too! :)

1 comment:

Live the Life you Love, Love the Life you Live said...

We got your post card today Kayla! The kids were so excited to get a 'real' postcard from another country. Now they have a mission to write you back so their Fargonian letter gets to another country. Do you have an addy we can send mail to yet?
Chat soon! Michelle, Ty, Brandon & Michael