Saturday, August 23, 2008

Hello Again! SITE ANNOUNCEMENTS


Hello All,

I am still loving life over here. It is an amazing experience and I am learning a lot about myself as well as about South African culture. I really feel at home here and it is sad to think I will be leaving my "family" (the PCTs, the Training Staff, and my homestay). Though sad, I am excited to be moving on in the PC process. Here is some general information about my site placement, which I will be visiting next week!

I am in the Mopani District in Limpopo.
The village is Ga-Matshwi.
I will be working with two PS (primary schools).

According to a list I found my village has load shedding from 18:00-20:30 on MWF. I am trying to find somekind of a map, but it is not working out right yet. so hang on. No luck if you want to try to search I am about half-way between Polokwane and Ginyine (not sure on the Spellings). Good Luck Looking, if you find a map, please post as comment or send to Andrea so she can post.

I am out,

Love,

MaKayla


******edit from Andrea*******


I wasn't able to find a map of Ga-Matshwi, but google did give me one for Limpopo. Since I had no idea how to post it as a comment, I just decided to add this to Makayla's blog. That should give us a general idea of what part of SA she's in. :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Makayla, I'm so happy for you! I hope the rest of your journey continues keep you as happy as you have been so far! Love ya and miss ya!