Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Saying Goodbye...A final trip

So this is being written from a Super 8 motel in Nashville, TN. Random, I know but there is a reason for it which I will get to in a min.

Due to reasons beyond my control I was forced to say goodbye to my two beautiful nephews earlier than I was expecting (and prepared for). Brayden is 4 going on 5; we have an amazing relationship and I knew that saying goodbye to him would be very difficult, but I was not expecting it to be this hard. I spent two fun filled days with him and his baby brother, Emerson. We went to the movies, the zoo, shopping, and dinner. I had an amazing time with them but when it came time to say goodbye I just didn't want to. Knowing that when I come home Brayden would be in 1st grade and Emerson would almost be 4. They both were cuddly and I got lots and lots of love from them. When we get ready to leave Emerson gives me one final hug and smile and that is that (He is only 17 months). When it came time to say goodbye to Brayden I picked him up and he gave me the biggest hug ever and I felt myself swelling with tears. The hug lasted a while until I couldn't take it any longer and put him down and walked away. I was left with the song he was singing to me the previous day about me going to Africa. When we went shopping I bought him one of those blow up globes and showed him where I was going to be and where he would be and he said, "Auntie Kayla, can I walk there?" While the goodbyes were earlier than expected they were excellent and I truly love and will miss them both.

Okay, now to why I am in Nashville. Due to the same circumstances about why I said goodbye to my nephews, my brother and I took an impromptu trip to Nashville. He is an amazing and aspiring singer/songwriter (check out www.myspace.com/douglassstreet). We came down here so he could go to a workshop at ASCAP. This is his second trip here and the first one went well, so the hopes are high that this trip will go as well if not better. I immediately fell in love with this town. It is amazing, between the people, the place, and the atmosphere there is sooooo much to do and see.

on a final note, WAHOOO! just a few more days left.

love ya'll

No comments: