Sunday, May 11, 2008

This whole moving to SA thing is becoming more and more of a reality with each passing day. in January I compiled a "to do" list of things I wanted/needed to accomplish before I left:

1. Turning 25 CHECK
2. Graduating from College CHECK
3. Sell my car CHECK
4. Go to Birthday Bash (free all day concert)
5. Having a graduation/going away party--Inivations in the mail
6. Go on a shopping trip with with the "girls"--planned for first week of june
7. Working-alot to get as much of my debt paid off b/f I leave
8. Getting all of my affairs inorder~Passport CHECK, power of attorney, will, ect...
9. Packing for this awsome and what I am sure will be crazy at times adventure--started

with the list just about complete my time is dwindling down and I am getting more excited for this new adventure and all the fun, difficult, stressful, lonely, fullfilling times that i am sure are to come. Until next time. :)

1 comment:

erin said...

MaKayla,
Welcome to Peace Corps South Africa (although this isn't some sort of official welcome, this is an unshowered, slightly scruffy welcome from an actual PCV). I'm sitting with my friend Megan in her village out in the middle of the Northwest Province. We're reading blogs of incoming volunteers, getting excited for your arrival!
It sounds like you're excited and ready for things to get crazy and that's really all you can do to be prepared. Don't sweat packing, the check list is pretty good and you can get pretty much everything you need here. Spend your time now with friends and family. Oh! Also, eat some really good mexican food (and drink a PBR for me).
Be well,
Erin
P.S. Every woman in the village is "Ma" something so you already have a South African name!