Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Start of my South African Adventure

So, as many know I am a self proclaimed parrotthead and one of my favorite songs is changes in latitude, changes in attitude. So I thought how perfect for the name of my blog. Since my latitude will be changing and I am sure that my attitudes will change as well.

Here is how it all began. Approximately a year ago I was searching for something (literally on the Internet) and I came across the Peace Corps website. After looking through it I decided to apply (probably the best decision I have ever made). Now here I sit in March of 2008 with one month until I graduate and less than 4 months until I leave for South Africa.

I will be in SA for 27 months working with schools and communities developing programs and trainings that will help them to be more successful. The name of my group is SA-18 as we are the 18th group to go to SA.

Until next time,

No comments: